With the different styles, widths and sizes available. Although this may seem overwhelming, our professional fitters are dedicated to help you find your perfect fit!
Our fitters will consider all aspects of your personal shoe requirements to ensure you are fitted correctly.
It is advised that you call or email our store to book the appointment for your fitting to ensure a fitter in available.
Phone: 4613 0666
We have a pointe shoe room dedicated to help ensure you have the best possible fitting.
We recommend that you get pointe shoes fitted to minimize the risk of damaging your feet.
What to expect:
Fittings usually last between 30-40 minutes. Please wear comfortable clothing as you will be asked to plié and rise during your fitting. It is important for your fitter to see your bare feet at the start of your fitting, we will supply some ballet stockings in store. Please ensure that toenails are trimmed to minimize discomfort when standing en pointe.
Communication with your fitter is essential! It is recommended to bring your recent pair of pointe shoes to your fitting, so your fitter can access the way they have been worn.
You will need to budget between $129.95- $200.00, especially if this is your first pair of pointe shoes.
What you will need for your pointe shoes
- Pointe Shoes
- Elastic ( Not everybody needs elastic)
- Toe Pads
- Suede Tips ( Depends on the floor you dance on)
- Deodorizing Pouches
- Ballet Bag for pointe shoes – preferably with a mesh backing
Your fitter will help with the accessories for your pointe shoes after you have been fitted.
Fitting your First Pair of Pointe Shoes
This is possibly the most exciting day in a young dancers life, to make this experience we have some suggestions when preparing for your fitting.
- You mush discuss with your teacher as to weather you are ready to go onto pointe, as some teachers will have their students undergo a Pre-Pointe assessment or exam to ensure you are ready for pointe!
- Wear comfortable clothing to your fitting as you will be asked to plié and rise during your fitting.
It is essential for the dancer to communicate with the fitter to achieve the best possible fit.